Jacobson Jarvis understands the connection between a not-for-profit’s financial reporting, its financial management, and its ability to build donor support behind its mission.
Jacobson Jarvis provides a range of customized consulting services and training focused on helping not-for-profit organizations understand and improve their use of financial data.
Our consulting services include:
- Financial health check-up – This service is specifically designed to improve the accounting operations and internal controls of not-for-profit organizations. Read more.
- Board assistance and training We can help your board of directors improve their knowledge of financial statements and governance requirements, as well as simplifying the myriad of tax rules and regulations that govern tax exempt organizations. Read more.
- Adapting QuickBooks to your not-for-profit environment – With our help, you can track functional expenses, bill allowable costs to grants and contracts, monitor and report restricted donations, allocate payroll between program and supporting services, and much more. Read more.
- Internal controls strengthening and documentation – Your auditor will ask for detailed documentation of your internal controls, but the initial development of control documentation will require a significant investment of time and effort from your staff. Your organization can engage the not-for-profit expertise of Jacobson Jarvis consultants to guide and assist you through the documentation process so that you’ll be ready when the auditors arrive.
- Providing internal audits – Not-for-profit organizations that do not have their own internal audit staff frequently engage Jacobson Jarvis to provide these services to gain the benefits of objective analysis.
- Setting up new not-for-profits For individuals or newly-formed groups with plans for a mission of social service or philanthropy, Jacobson Jarvis can assist with becoming established as a not-for-profit organization, including securing IRS 501(c)3 tax exempt status, developing budget and cash flow projections, setting up an accounting system and providing guidance relative to tax and reporting responsibilities.
While Jacobson Jarvis is frequently engaged for a specific service, clients report that the real value is in the breadth of experience in not-for-profit management that our team brings to the table as a result of our exclusive focus. As such, we take pride in our responsiveness and accessibility, and in the quality of our work. We also understand the cost constraints all not-for-profits face. Because Jacobson Jarvis is uniquely focused on serving not-for-profits, our billing rates are structured to provide cost-effective services.
Please contact Erin Welch, Consulting Partner, for more information, or to schedule an appointment.